SHAPE HIMALAYA FOUNDATION
Bringing together young, passionate individuals
committed to creating local impact
guided by global perspectives.
Our collective inability to secure inclusive growth and preserve our scarce resources puts multiple global systems at risk simultaneously. Our first response must be to develop new models for cooperation that are not based on narrow interests but on the destiny of humanity as a whole.
Fractures develop between groups and people when they refuse to work together to address shared challenges. In this scenario, the task is to help groups build a bridge of connection and understanding. The work necessitates helping groups modify their perceptions of the other, to transcend their tribalizing impulses, and to work together with the intent of creating a shared future.
Founder & Executive Chairman, World Economic Forum.
Shape Himalaya Foundation is an independent not-for-profit organisation that has grown out of the former Dehradun Hub of the Global Shapers Community, and has the following ethos.
- Support efforts to improve mechanisms on Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nation.
- Coordinate multi-stakeholder efforts to deliver sustainable and inclusive economic development in the face of skills gaps.
- Examine, in depth, the social and economic transformations occurring in the Himalayan region.
- Contribute by sharing ideas and innovations that structure new industry ecosystems; help industry and government leaders prepare for the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Understanding the state of our world and how we can shape that agenda is how we’re handling the changes wrought on the world by the increasing interconnectedness of cultures and economies.
Our Aims & Objectives:
- To promote transdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research in economic, social and environmental sectors and execute activities to facilitate inclusive and sustainable industry, foster a spirit of innovation, and promote resilient infrastructure.
- To empower urban, rural and minority communities by carrying out activities that alleviate poverty, promote equality and reduce inequality, reduce hunger, promote health and wellbeing, promote quality education, provide access to clean and affordable energy, and develop opportunities for decent work and economic growth.
- To promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
- To promote gender equality by providing women and girls with equal access to education, health care, decent work, and representation in political and economic decision-making processes to fuel sustainable economies and benefit societies and humanity at large.
- To impart and to promote life on land and life below water, execute environment and heritage conservation projects, promote disaster management, promote vedic sciences and alternative medicine practices such as ayurveda etc. and promote organic farming.
- To make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable, and to ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- To partner with reputed institutions and individuals to strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.